Friday 27 September 2013

Benefit Bad Gal Lash Review


 
I find Benefit to be a bit like Marmite, I either fall in love with their products or I can’t stand them. For instance I trialled and tested the hugely popular They’re Real! mascara a few months back and failed to see the hype around it. It just did nothing for me whatsoever! However it’s not completely put me off Benefit mascaras so after deliberating somewhat in Sephora and being hurried on to make a decision from my boyfriend, I purchased Bad Gal Lash.

 
First off, I’ve took to it so much better than I did to They’re Real! It’s exactly my type of mascara. The wand is fairly sizable and probably a little daunting to some, but for me it’s the perfect shape. The wand fibres are compact and make the formula so easy to glide onto the lashes. You can literally get away with one quick coat, perfect for when you’re in a dash for work because you’ve watched Jezza Kyle ten minutes too long (all guilty of it). With one coat it thickens and elongates the lashes and with two you are able to gain a more dramatic, fuller look. The formula is deep black and isn’t too watery which is something that really bugs me in mascaras. It’s also super fast drying and doesn’t clump! Which is what I’ve learnt to expect with large wands, but thankfully Bad Gal is free from this!
The only thing I find a problem and an irritating one is that the full, long lash look you initially get doesn’t last long at all. It certainly doesn’t last my 8 hours at work as when I’m home my lashes look sort of limp and certainly not as full as when I set out. Perhaps it’s because I work so god damn hard (pah!) but it’s probably because it’s just not very long lasting!


I’ve come to the conclusion that this is perrfect for when you know you’re only going to be out for a few hours, but any more than about 4 and you’ll probably need to reapply! Gutted really because I just love the wand and formula! But hey, you win some, you lose some.
Bad Gal Lash - £17.50 @ Boots

Have you tried this mascara? What’s your favourite?

Han X

No comments:

Post a Comment