Thursday 3 October 2013

Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo Review


So Maybelline Colour Tattoos have been out for some time now, but they’ve always been pushed to the bottom of my makeup bag…until now. I had previously bought the shades Permanent Taupe and On and On Bronze but it wasn’t until I went into Boot’s a few weeks ago and purchased Metallic Pomegranate that I really began to show affection for these tiny pots of peeper goodness. First off I can’t tell you how much I’m loving the pomegranate shade. I’m baffled as to why I didn’t get this earlier?! It’s a purple shade infused with reds and pinks, creating the perfect base for an eye on a night out. I thought perhaps it’d make my eyelids look bruised or tired but instead it helped me achieve the most flattering cranberry toned smokey eye and I was so impressed! It’s a bit more daring than your bog standard neutral tones, which we all love but I do like something a little different. I find these pots by Maybelline amazing because you can so easily where them alone (I wear Pomegranate alone frequently!) and you can vamp them up with lighter or darker toned shadows. They are so versatile and quick to apply. Quick dab with your finger and you’re done. It’s that easy.


The other shades I have I haven’t worn quite as much. I think On and On Bronze is going to become a favourite in the run up to Christmas however as it is definitely a party season shade! Permanent Taupe I’ve worn a handful of times as a good base for a subtle smokey eye. It is a matte grey shade and like the rest of the shadow pots from the collection, the pigment is hhhheavy, just what we want! Overall I’m mega impressed with these and they have been likened to MAC’s paint pots, which I personally have never tried. I don’t suppose I’ll ever need too with dupes as good as these available on the high street! They do have a fair few colours out now, some fairly questionable orange and blue shades but let’s just go with it ey.

Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo - £4.99 @ Boots

What shade do you prefer? Have you tried these before?

Han X

No comments:

Post a Comment