Monday 17 March 2014

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation Review


I have done a review on Estee Lauders Double Wear foundation in the past on an old blog of mine, but back then I wasn’t as in love with it as I am now. With that and the fact I have worn this for around a year I can safely say what it is that I love and hate about this product.
First off, the one thing I love about Double Wear is the coverage. It is medium to high which allows for building so if medium just isn’t doing it one day then you can work it up. I rarely have to use much concealer when I’m wearing this as it covers 90% of blemishes on its own, hooray! But one thing that surprised me was that aside from its ability to conceal and the fact it is on the heavy side of the coverage scale, it still sits naturally on the face. It doesn’t feel heavy and doesn’t make me feel uncomfortable which I have found even some lightweight foundations can do!
I personally think this is down to how matte double wear is. I would describe it as a semi-matte finish, because it doesn’t make my face look dry or moistureless but at the same time is the only foundation that keeps my oily skin at bay. It doesn’t slip or slide off my face and with regard to my comment about lightweight foundations making me feel uncomfortable, it is because after a while I start to feel the oils building up. All I want to do is reach for a face wipe! I hate that feeling, but DW doesn’t do this and that's why I always use it when I know I’m going to be out from 9am until late as it doesn’t let me down. Handy having such faith in a foundation huh?! It deserves it to be honest because it is good.

The only qualm I have about this product is the fact I can’t wear it everyday. The fact that it is so heavy duty means that it can break me out if I wear it relentlessly which is not good. Therefore that’s why I use it when I know I have a long day ahead as that is what I feel it’s good for. With that, I don’t always need full coverage to be honest so it hasn’t become too much of a problem. But another thing is the SPF, which is obviously all well and good but I definitely can’t wear this on a night out. It doesn’t picture well at all and gives me a white cast over my face, making me look really washed out and colourless. I’ve heard this is because of the SPF reacting with the light, so avoid if you plan on getting snap happy ladies.
Overall I think it’s a great foundation, I think it’d take some getting used to if you haven’t used a high coverage foundation before (like I had to) but once you find your way with it, it really is worth the money. I will definitely be repurchasing when I’m all out!
Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation - £27.50 @ selfridges.com

Have you tried this foundation before? Are there any medium-high coverage foundations you’d recommend?
Han X

2 comments:

  1. I really want to try this foundation, but I'm wary to buy it because of the price tag but you described it beautifully!

    ChelseaSharkie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! And I know, it is pricey but every girl deserves at least one high end foundation in their stash haha :) X

      Delete